Property Improvement Program
The Property Improvement Program provides grant funding to income-qualified Allen homeowners living in a home built at least 25 years ago. The funding is intended to be used for minor exterior repairs and projects which address a code enforcement concern.
- The City will match your investment up to $5,000 if you are within the Moderate Income Range (chart below)
- The City will pay 90% of the project cost up to $10,000 if you are below the Moderate Income Range
- The City will pay 100% of the project cost up to $10,000 if you are fall below the Moderate Income Range AND use the funding to repair a code enforcement concern
To qualify for funding, you must:
- Own a home built at least 25 years ago
- Meet program requirements set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), unless otherwise stated in the Property Improvement Program Guidelines. Homeowners must meet income limits provided in chart below:
|Persons in Family||Moderate Income Range|
Below Moderate Income Range
|1 person||$49,850-$56,999||$49,849 or less|
|2 persons||$57,000-$64,099||$56,999 or less|
|3 persons||$64,100-$71,199||$64,099 or less|
|4 persons||$71,200-$76,899||$71,199 or less|
|5 persons||$76,900-$82,599||$76,899 or less|
|6 persons||$82,600-$88,299||$82,599 or less|
This program is financed by a variety of grant funding sources. Grants will be provided as funding is available.
- Window replacement
- Roofing repair/replacement
- Accessibility modifications
- Exterior house painting
- Gutter installation
- Fence replacement
- Siding, fascia and exterior trim repair
- Complete an application
- Submit application and supporting documents to the Allen Community Development Department.
Send application and copies of documentation to Allen Community Development Department, 305 Century Parkway, Allen, TX 75013. Please call to confirm we received them.
Bring application and documents to Allen Community Development Department, located on the first floor of Allen City Hall (305 Century Parkway)