Teen Service Project
Need service hours for NHS, NJHS, or Student Council?
Allen Public Library is offering the opportunity for teens to earn service hours by donating specific items to the All Community Outreach (ACO) or Allen Animal Shelter.
Books and other items not listed below will not be accepted for service hours.
Who can participate:
This program is for teens, ages 13 – 18, to earn hours for school-related activities. No registration required.
How many hours can each participant earn?
- 1 donated item = 2 service hours
- Maximum of 30 hours may be earned between September 1 - December 31
Donation drop-off location:
Donations must be dropped off at the Children's Desk during normal business hours to receive service hours. Donated items will not be accepted at other service desks.
How to participate:
Donations MUST be the specified item only. If a brand is given, the donation must be that specific brand. Alternates or substitutions will not be accepted. Items must be new, unused, and unopened.
ACO is looking for:
- Toothpaste (any brand, any size)
- Vitamins (any brand)
- Instant potatoes (any brand)
- Deodorant (any brand, any size)
Allen Animal Shelter is looking for:
- IAMS dry puppy kibble chicken flavor (must be specific brand, small puppy preferred)
- Dog leashes with a click hook (any brand)
- Wand and string cat toys (any brand)
- Gift bags (any brand, any size, generic - not holiday or birthday)
Teens that need to electronically verify hours (ex: x2Vol) should use firstname.lastname@example.org as the contact e-mail address. When filling out the request, teens must be specific (e.g. what organization you are requesting hours for, items submitted, the dates when the items were submitted, etc.) Teens should not submit verification requests more than once. We require a minimum of 3 business days for verifying hours. We will not verify requests that are incomplete or do not match our records. Please see the Children’s Desk for in-person verifications (signing logs, etc.).