ACTV, the government television station of the City of Allen, is proud to announce its remarkable achievements in 2023, including a significant milestone of reaching over 100,000 subscribers on the City’s official YouTube channel.
On Oct. 5, ACTV was honored with several prestigious awards during the Annual Programming Awards by the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA). The winners were announced at a Gala event held in Long Beach, California. The Awards recognize excellence in broadcast, cable, multimedia, and electronic programming produced by local government agencies. ACTV clinched a total of eight awards including the Award of Distinction for Excellence in Government Programming.
Continuing this impressive streak, ACTV added to its accolades on Nov. 2 at the Texas Chapter of NATOA (TATOA), award ceremony in Dallas. ACTV secured a total of nine awards, notably earning first place for Excellence in Government Programming.
Mark Kaufmann, Executive Producer of ACTV, expressed his enthusiasm, saying “We are constantly striving to discover innovative, engaging, and educational approaches to convey the City of Allen’s message to viewers. Thanks to the dedication and hard work of Video Producers Scott Evans and Jason Swiencki, ACTV consistently delivers award-winning programming for our residents.”
A significant milestone was reached on April 15, when ACTV was presented with the YouTube Silver Creator Award for surpassing 100,000 subscribers on its YouTube channel (@AllenCityTV).
These achievements underscore ACTV’s commitment to excellence in government programming and its dedication to providing high-quality content to its growing audience.
2023 NATOA Awards
- Award of Excellence – Public Information Series – Fire Safety
- Award of Excellence – Community Awareness – Are You Water Smart?
- Award of Distinction – Overall Programming Excellence
- Award of Distinction – Event/Program Promotion – Get Engaged with Allen
- Award of Distinction – Use of Humor – Fire Safety with the “Cool” Firefighter
- Award of Distinction – Talent – Chelsey Aprill – The Loop
- Award of Distinction – Editing – ACTV: Cuttin’ It Up
- Award of Honor – Parks and Recreation – Terrell Checks Out Terrell
2023 TATOA Awards
- First Place – Overall Excellence in Government Programming
- First Place – Best Use of Video for Social Media - #NoPlaceLikeAllen
- First Place – PSA Campaign – Fire Safety
- Second Place – Magazine Format Series – Project Life
- Third Place – Partnership Production – Allen Americans: Rink of Red
- Award of Merit – Profile of an Organization - Dinosaurs, Bugs and Community
- Award of Merit – Animal Services – Keep Calm and Train Your Dog
- Award of Merit – Special Audience – Back in the Swing
- Award of Merit – Use of Humor – Fire Safety with the “Cool” Firefighter
Pictured: Scott Evans (ACTV Video Producer); Mark Kaufmann (ACTV Executive Producer); Jason Swiencki (ACTV Video Producer)